How Can I Afford an Auto Accident Attorney?
If you have been injured in a serious auto accident, there’s a good chance that you have incurred significant accident-related expenses. Between vehicle repairs, medical expenses, and lost income from missed work, the economic costs of a serious car crash can easily rise into thousands of dollars.
Facing these expenses, the idea of an expensive personal injury lawyer to represent you may seem ill-advised, especially if the insurance company has indicated that it would like to settle your case. You, however, can retain an experienced personal injury attorney to represent you at no up-front expense, and you will only have to pay for legal representation if your lawyer successfully obtains compensation on your behalf. If your lawyer does not obtain a settlement or award for you, you will owe nothing for legal fees. This is called a contingency fee arrangement and it provides injured victims access to legal representation regardless of their ability to pay up front.
Why do I need an attorney to represent me?
You may wonder why you should retain a lawyer if the insurance company is willing to write you a check. Keep in mind that insurance companies make money by collecting premiums each month and paying out as little as possible. They are under no legal obligation to settle your case for a fair amount and will do everything they can to settle your case for less than what your injuries actually cost you.
Here are some ways that insurance companies will minimize your payout:
- Making unreasonably low initial offers– meaning they will make subsequent and inadequate offers seem more attractive.
- Misrepresenting your legal rights in negotiations– telling you that you are not entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Waiting to make an offer until medical bills and other expenses have started piling up; thus, putting you under financial strain.
- Pressuring you to provide a recorded statement about your accident when the law does not require a statement.
- Advising you that you will not receive compensation by retaining an attorney.
When you have Robinson Injury Law on your side, we will communicate with the insurance company on your behalf and present evidence that demonstrates your damages. If the insurance company still refuses to make a reasonable settlement offer, we may file a lawsuit to ensure that you recover the compensation to which you are entitled to under Utah law.
At Robinson Injury Law, we understand the importance of providing our auto accident victims with quality legal representation. This is why we offer completely free case evaluations and will never collect legal fees unless we win your case.
Call Robinson Injury Law today at 801-845-HURT(4878) to evaluate your case.