Top 10 Things to Remember if You’re in an Auto Accident
If you have been in an auto accident, you may be wondering what the next steps look like. Filing an auto accident claim can be complicated and overwhelming, especially if you’re dealing with injuries and medical expenses. As a personal injury lawyer, it is vital to educate our clients on the top 10 things to remember if you are in an auto accident.
- Check for injuries: The first priority should always be to check if anyone involved in the accident is hurt and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Call the police: Even if the accident is minor, it’s important to call the police to report the accident and get an official accident report.
- Exchange information: Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident.
- Document the accident: Take photos of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles, and any injuries sustained.
- Contact your insurance company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible, but make sure you do not leave them with a recorded statement. Always consult with an experienced auto accident lawyer to ensure the correct information is provided to the insurance company.
- Don’t admit fault: Don’t admit fault for the accident, as fault may not be immediately clear and any admissions can be used against you later.
- Gather witness information: If there were any witnesses to the accident, get their contact information in case their statement is needed.
- Keep track of expenses: Keep track of any expenses related to the accident, such as medical bills, car repairs, and rental car fees as these can be compensated for in the settlement.
- Follow up with medical treatment: Follow up with any necessary medical treatment to ensure you are doing your part for creating a pristine accident case.
- Consult with a lawyer: If you have any questions or concerns about your legal rights or the claims process, consult with a lawyer who specializes in personal injury and auto accidents.
At Robinson Injury Law, we want to make sure that you are taken care of following your auto accident and we want to help you receive compensation for your injuries and damages.
Call us for a free consultation today! UT: (801) 845-4878 / AZ: (602) 603-4878
Comments are closed